North Shore Gin #11 750ml
- In this, our ode to traditional London Dry gin, we created a spirit with abundant fresh juniper, accented by fresh citrus and spice. While unlike any other gin on the market, No. 11 has a classically warm round nose, and an unmistakable dry gin flavor.
Like our Distiller’s Gin No. 6, this spirit has won a wide range of awards and substantial critical acclaim. Here are a few of our favorite quotes and tasting notes:
- “Clear. Dense, compacted aromas of honeycomb, lime soufflé, peppery juniper, and sweet spices. A soft, silky entry leads to a fruity medium-full of citrus custard pasty, pink peppercorns, fresh herbs, and honeyed juniper berries. Finishes with an long interplay of flavor with a touch of eucalyptus and minerals. A lovely, deeply flavorful, and elegantly styled gin that will be sensational in vintage cocktails.” – Beverage Testing Institute, awarding 94 pts Gold Medal/Exceptional Rating
- “Sold in a distinctive rectangular green bottle, this has been one of our favorite gins for years, and blind tasting bore out our hometown bias. The flavor profile is traditional and juniper-forward, with notes of honey and pink peppercorn, and it tastes great in a martini.” – Time Out Chicago, in an exhaustive review of Midwest-made gins
- “Very old fashioned, like the gins of our fathers, with the floral notes left out and a heady extra dose of juniper. It would make a doozy of a throwback martini, as they were before all the citrus and pepper and berries came along.” – Terry Sullivan in North Shore Magazine
- “Could a mom-and-pop distillery really give birth to the best darn gin, period?” In concluding YES, the folks at Birchbox described No. 11 as “a quintessential spirit—a stunning example of what gin should have been from the start. If you’re partial to gin on the rocks, this is the one for the job, though it’s equally capable in any classic cocktail, from a dry martini to a Negroni.”
- “On the palate, lightly sweet candied-lemon peel is framed by lively juniper and anise, finishing with a brisk flourish of pink peppercorns and ginger. Recommended for gimlets and other cocktails.” – Wine Enthusiast, naming it to their list of top 11 American Gins to Try