A.D. Laws Secale Straight Rye Bottled in Bond
Our Secale Rye Whiskey aged over four years to meet the standards of the Bottled in Bond Act of 1897. Bottled in Bond requires that the whiskey be a product of a single season, using the grain of a single season, made by one distiller at a single distillery, and aged at least four years in a federal government-bonded warehouse. This whiskey is then cut and bottled at 100 proof (50% ABV). These rules are even more stringent than the U.S. standards for “Straight Whiskey.”
- Mash Bill: 95% heirloom rye, 5% heirloom barley
- Classic open air, sour mash fermentation
- Aged over four years in new, 53 gal, charred oak barrels
- First Bottled in Bond Rye in Colorado History
- Bottled at 100 Proof
- Tasting Notes: Sweet grass with mint, honey, and brine on the nose. Cooling notes of mint and fennel on the palate, with sea salt, orange tea and brown sugar. Finishes with a rich and buttery mouthfeel accompanied by tobacco notes.